Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where's the Warning on my Camera?

My camera should have come with a warning label.

Warning: Mixing with laughter may result in hideously embarrassing pictures.

One requirement for our adoption is to provide the agency with a family photo album. As I've worked on this album, I've noticed that there are very few pictures of me in it. (Probably because I'm usually the one behind the camera.) So I asked my SIL Sarah to take some pictures of us tonight - especially shots of Sunshine and me.

Bad idea.

You'll probably remember from previous posts that my SIL is crazy fun and we laugh constantly. The problem is that laughter is NOT always the most flattering look for photos. Seriously. In one particular picture, I was cracking up and I looked like a total lunatic. I won't bother posting that one because it could get me arrested.

But I will let you see this one (I swear that we hadn't been drinking):


I have to admit that just looking at this picture makes me laugh. Although I doubt it's going into our adoption album. (Not this one nor the four dozen like it.)

I'm not sure if the following picture will make it either. It's a cool shot, but I think C.R. looks a little like Sunshine would just before she'd have an "accident." What do you think? Would you include it?



We did end up with some pretty sweet pictures of Sunshine and me. These shots prove that, not only is Sarah crazy fun, but she is also very talented with a camera. I love her creativity.



This last picture is my favorite.

7 comments:

B.D.Riehl said...

That last one is amazing! And i think you should include the "potty" picture. Shows that he can relate to kids, ya know? And that you can handle problems both big and small...like a husband who still does the potty dance ;)
Seriously great pictures. I smiled really big and the first one and think you should include it to show how fun you guys are!

Kristie said...

I love all of them!! Especially the crazy ones...they will want to know that you guys are fun won't they?

You should frame that last one! very sweet!!

Charissa said...

Sweet photos Sarah. I like the laughing photos, means you can have a good time.

Cami said...

Love the pics....very cute!

Sarah said...

I just realized I never gave Sunshine the candy I promised her. Um, oops. How 'bout I just give her the clothes she left here when you guys come for the slumber party?

Thanks for trusting me to hold your camera. =)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

What great pictures!! I had to laugh at the one of him where you said it looks like Sunshine before she's about to have an accident...I wouldn't have noticed it but since you mentioned it...haha. :) LOVE the last picture - so sweet!! :)

Denise said...

the last one is my favorite too.
happy mother's day. may God go before you and behind you as you prepare for your new addition.