Monday, August 30, 2010

Rookie Mistake


Just when I think I'm getting this whole parenting thing down, I do something really stupid. Like letting a four-year-old draw with a neon purple marker.

Unsupervised.

Hey, I was only out of the room for a couple of minutes. But that's all it took for my daughter to go from clean to this:


Parenting Lesson #1: Always take away the marker BEFORE you leave the room.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

ha! she did a beautiful job!

at least it was on her and not on all your couch cushions or your chair.

not that i'd know ANYTHING about that...

frogglet said...

It is kind of tribal looking :)

Jimh. said...

better keep that picture for when she decided to get a tatoo...It's the kind of thing I would want. :-)

Amy said...

I have done that too. He said, he was a tiger and needed some stripes. Thankfully he has matured a bit since then, so now I can leave him alone with a marker and not come back to a tiger :)
Blessings,
Amy

Manda said...

I absolutely love her creativity... just look at those lines. Hahahaha
Cherishing these precious moments are what life is about, dear friend. Think of the memory because you left the marker.
This is SOOO cute (probably more so since it's your child). :)

Kristie said...

HA! washable markers and LOTS of paper :)

B.D.Riehl said...

But what a great design!

Denise said...

she has zebra knees! cool.

this is a "remember that time you..."
you'll laugh and love it later.

Simply Sara said...

hahahaha. this post actually made me laugh out loud.
love it!

i've so been here... at least she stuck with her hands and legs- we've had the face "beautified" more than once over here :)