Over the weekend, we had lunch with C.R.'s parents, who just returned from three weeks of roaming around the country in their RV (waaay too long in my opinion). They wouldn't be grandparents if they didn't return with a sack full of souvenirs to give out like Santa to each good little grandchild.
Sunshine, of course, was thrilled with her new clothes, toys, and stickers. But her favorite souvenir was a skinny plastic cup from Mesa Verde (wherever that is) with a purple straw that winds down the middle of the cup like a tight corkscrew.
I know she loves that cup and because she has asked to use it during every meal since she brought it home.
Every meal, that is, until breakfast this morning.
Since the cup has had a lot of use, I decided to run it through the dishwasher instead of washing it by hand. I find a strange pleasure in sanitizing my dishes (weird, I know).
This was the result:
It would take a miracle to get the straw back in that cup now.
Obviously the straw isn't dishwasher safe, something I forgot to check (although C.R. already knew because HE read the fine print on the bottom of the cup).
Big chicken that I am, I haven't broken the news to Sunshine yet. She's spending the night at her grandparents' house tonight and I'm hoping that, in all her excitement, she'll somehow forget about the cup.
Then again, I may be brushing up on my geography and making a trip to Mesa Verde very soon.
4 comments:
First the nail polish and now the cup?!! Mom, mom, mom, what am I going to do with you?
oops:) Hope she doesn't want to pack it in her overnight bag for gramma's house!!
Oops!!! Sounds just like something I would do - I also am obssesive about washing things in the dishwasher. Even my knives! My Mother in law is always repremanding me for washing those in the washer since they will dull over time. Ah, well!
So, here's the deal. Spice is a wee small to really care about her cup (yes, she got one too, of course) so if Sunshine absolutely NEEDS a new straw, I'll ship ours off to ya.
Post a Comment