*Dedicated to Sarah.
Yesterday, I was totally creeped out and utterly fascinated by the large praying mantis that wandered into my garage. I may or may not have considered finding him some prey just to satisfy my morbid curiosity.
I'm not a big fan of meat in general, and steak, ribs, or pork in particular. I'd rather eat salad.
I seriously love Christmas music. I've been thinking about it the last few days and wondering if it's too early to start listening to it.
Potty training is my nemesis. We've been at war for almost a year now and I lost today's battle. Sunshine had an accident on my bed that soiled the bedding and left a wet ring on my mattress.
Speaking of the potty...I walked into the bathroom today to find that the toilet paper roll was soaking wet. I'd prefer NOT to know how it got that way.
I have a weakness for jewelry. I bought two pairs of earrings today when I was supposed to be shopping for clothes for Sunshine.
My cat needs a new home. I always thought I was a "cat person" until we got this cat, who has health problems from inbreeding. The worst is that her front teeth fell out and she can't chew up her food, so it often makes an encore appearance.
Conversely, I want to keep my dog - a sweet, loving, and obedient black lab who still has all her teeth.
One of my favorite things ever is when my daughter wants to hold my hand. It just makes me melt inside.
C.R. and I are trying to plan a weekend getaway soon. I can't wait.
My laptop has an unique feature: automatic shutoff. I bump the power chord and it automatically shuts off. I got to enjoy this feature just moments ago, in the middle of typing my post.
Care to share some of your own randomness?
7 comments:
I'd take salad too. If it had steak strips in it.
It IS too early for Christmas music. Back away.
I'm sorry for the potty training. Ugh.
I lost three rolls of t.p to the bathtub last week. Spice is my nemesis.
My weakness is caffeine. I'm supposed to buy groceries and oops! I have a breve in my cart instead.
Get rid of the cat.
Keep the dog. Want my dog too?
It's a rare occasion anymore that Sugar wants to hold my hand but I hear ya on the heart melting...
I can't imagine a weekend getaway with my husband. That would rock. Have fun!
At least you HAVE a laptop. Ugh. Oh to be blogging in bed...
Thanks for the dedication to moi. =)
Ha! You're so funny. Sarah, too :) I am having the same issues with my cat (well she has teeth and no real problems other than the fact that she is a cat - I pretty much hate her since I had kids). I'm a little freaked out about your morbid praying mantis obsession. They give me the heebies...but I agree thay are fascinting.
As for Sunshine holding your hand - totally get it. Raegan actually cuddled up to me when I was singing to her before bed last night and I interrupted the serenity and shouted for Richard to get the camera...
Our second grader has been listaning to Christmas music all Summer (CD's to fall asleep by). He LOVES Christmas above all else. (Not for the best reasons, although he knows them; we're working on it...) Me, I like to wait until Thankegiving weekend- sorta "traditional" start. Then, anything goes. It irritated me last year when the folks at work got fed-up after a couple of days. I was diggin' it.
I like when they want to hold hands too. I still get to walk mine into school every day.
SOOO glad to be past the potty training stage!!
At least it was only toilet paper...could have been your toothbrush :)
Clothes and shoes for me...mostly shoes...I have zero justification for the number of pairs that I own. I will say that at least I pay for them with cash now...I used to just charge them...thank you Dave Ramsey!!
I DO NOT like cats...sorry Treena...mostly because I'm allergic to them.
One month til our anniversary trip...Cameo Heights B&B...can't wait!!!
I have a dog you can have as well :)
Happy Thursday!!
My daughter listens to Christmas music often as she goes to sleep. Her favorite CD is a Christmas one.
I am not looking forward to potty training already and my baby is only 10 months old.
No pets for me. I like them, but don't want to take care of them.
I wish my daughter wanted to hold my hand. That is really sweet.
I hope that you get to have your weekend get way soon.
I love this random blog post!!
*
I completely hear you on the cat issue! I was going to tell you my "little" cat tale here but it ended up getting waaaay too long... so now you'll just have to head to my blog - www.babyjmakes3.blogspot.com - if you wanna read it. ;)
*
Oh yeah, and I happen to think it's NOT too early for Christmas music. A former roommate and I used to start in August, believe it or not. Probably mostly because we were singing in contatas at church and had to practice super early in the year. Heck, Hallmark even starts their Christmas ornament display in July! :D
*
p.s. I just saw a big green cricket thingy climbing up my screen door. I went out and flicked it off with a stick and then it flew off! Yeah - heebie jeebies. *shudder*
With Sarah on the salad with meat, preferably chicken though. Saw Christmas stuff at Hallmark and Costco this week. I guess not too early if you like it. I wouldn't be playing it yet though. But I do like to listen to it in December. Don't like to see it or hear before my birthday but that doesn't happen anymore. I love my cats, I better I have 4. But I don't scoop the poop anymore, love that my girls can do that now. I can't believe your cat is inbred. Shouldn't be since it came from a professional breeder. The girls really want a dog, a puppy to be exact. They will have to clean up after it also. Glad I am done with potty training my own kids, now I just do it with lots of daycare kids. So it always seems to be going on around here. My girls don't really do the hand holding thing anymore but we do still do the hugs, even at the bus stop with my youngest. Better enjoy that while I can. Would love a weekend getaway with my husband, have fun on yours. We did get one night for our anniversary though. My weakness is eating out. I rarely respond to things and this has gotten really long. Sorry. Treena
Post a Comment