I lost my favorite pair of pants - the ones I was thrilled to discover on a clearance rack at Ann Taylor last year. I bought those dove gray dress pants, despite the still high-ish price, because of the chic classic style. I knew that I could get my money's worth by wearing those beauties for years.
Or, in this case, for year.
Now some lucky bargain hunter will be able to wear my stylish pants after handing over a few bucks to Goodwill, a store I've always kinda appreciated. Until now.
How were my favorite pants accidentally donated to Goodwill? I'd like to blame my husband. After all, he's the one who placed the pants in a donation box and abandoned them at a donation center at the mall.
Seriously. Can you believe he'd be so heartless as to yank my favorite pants from the hanger and carelessly throw them in that box?
No, me neither. He actually found them on the floor of our closet atop a pile of clothing ugly ducklings - right next to that stupid donation box - and assumed that they were unwanted. (Pfft. I wonder why?) In truth, those pants were just waiting to go to the dry cleaner. But apparently my husband still hasn't figured out the intricacies of my laundering system.
It's actually a simple three-category system: (1) clean to clean-ish clothes on hangers or in the drawers, (2) dirty clothes in the baskets, and (3) outdated/hideous clothes and stylish items that need to be dry cleaned in or near the donation box. Sheesh. It's not rocket science. (Or any kind of science, obviously, since that last category is completely absurd.)
Why, oh why, did I have to marry such a logical and efficient man?
So now my pants are in transit to Whoknowswhere Goodwill. I've considered checking the local stores just to find and buy back my own pants. But I seriously doubt I'll find them now. And I'm not sure it's worth the time and energy.
Sigh.
I'd sure appreciate it if you'd think of me the next time you head into a Goodwill store. And if you happen to find a pair of classic Ann Taylor dress pants in dove gray (size 2 - I know, don't shoot me), please buy them.
5 comments:
Would love, love, love to help you out...but if I were spotted shuffling through the size 2 section, I would be ushered right into a seat at the nearest "Dream On Lady" seminar.
Gain a few well placed pounds and I'll see what I can do :)
Seriously, bummer about your pants. Silly logical husband!
SIZE 2!!!
i felt bad for you, until that, every pair of pants looks great on a size 2!
i know because i looked great in a size 2 in 8TH GRADE!!!!!!!!!
btw- my husband isn't efficient, and thankfully we do not share a closet, if we did it (the closet) would be the end of us.
After the conversations this weekend I loved that your husband was being "logical and efficient" those pesky husbands with everything having to "make sense!"
I just thought I was being helfpul! Maybe after another ten years of marriage I will figure out the laundry system, but I'm not sure my brain can decipher something that complicated.
I'm going to look awfully silly wearing size 2 pants on one leg and size 10 on the other.
But, whatev. I'll do it.
Post a Comment