My husband totally tried to make out with me during church yesterday.
I'm not even kidding. I wanted to laugh SO badly. I thought I was going to have to excuse myself from the service for a few minutes just to keep from snorting.
Here's what happened:
It's the beginning of the service and we're standing while we sing the first few worship songs. I lean close to C.R. and whisper:
"Did Sunshine use the bathroom before she went into the nursery?"
He gives me an odd look and, the next thing I know, his lips are making a beeline for mine. Apparently he only heard the last part of my question and interpreted "nursery" as "kiss me."
I panic, of course, and dodge him as gracefully as possible.
It was one seriously awkward moment. Don't get me wrong - I really like kissing my husband. But we were in the middle of a church service filled with people singing to the Lord. As much as I love God's Word, I wasn't ready to act out a passage from Song of Solomon in front of our entire church.
C.R. thought it was strange timing, but he figured that was no reason to throw away a perfectly good opportunity. (I teased him about that, but I actually think it's sweet that he was willing to embarrass himself to make his wife happy.)
Meanwhile, I'm just thankful that we weren't leading worship that day.
4 comments:
I'm laughing so hard I think I might pee my pants.
That is too funny!!
to worship means to "come towards to kiss."
maybe c.r. was setting an example. that is a devoted worship leader.
OMW!! My husband and son are sleeping on the chair behind me so now I'M the one needing to excuse myself so I don't wake them up with my hysterics and snorting! Tears are seriously rolling down my cheeks! You are so funny! C.R. too. ;)
Post a Comment