Friday, January 15, 2010

Get Well Card

My eyes are watery, my nose is pouring, and my sinuses are threatening to detonate a bomb. All day I've been sneezing and wheezing, hacking and shellacking. (Alright, so I haven't really refinished any wood furniture today.)

I'm miserable.

Stupid head cold.

I'm starting to think that now would be a fantastic time to buy stock in the makers of Kleenex. And decongestants. I know I've certainly been increasing their profit margins recently. In fact, my husband and daughter just returned from the grocery store, where they purchased an arsenal of tissue boxes and cold meds to fight off my bug.

They also bought me a get well card. C.R. informed me that Sunshine walked straight down the greeting card aisle and immediately selected one special card just for me. I expected it to be the sweet sentimental kind. Or maybe the type with Dora the Explorer on the front.

Nope. I got this instead (cropped because the guy is wearing a thong - gag):


Just what was my 3-year-old's innocent reason for picking this card for her sick mama?

"It has a doctor on it. And doctors help us get better."

10 comments:

Denise said...

sorry you don't feel good.

regarding the card...i'm speechless.

C.R. said...

I had a hard time not laughing when she picked up this card and started talking about how the "doctor guy" on the card could help mommy feel better. My next inclination was to scold her for picking up the naughty card, but didn't want to draw attention to it and spoil her innocence. Probably would've been different if she were 13 instead of 3.

Kristie said...

hope you feel better soon!!

I totally follow Sunshine's logic...I'm sure that Dr. Doug...along with the cold meds and kleenex....will speed up your recovery!

Smart move on C.R.'s part not to tell her that it was a "naughty" card...try explaining that to a 3 year old in a grocery store...I can totally hear it...

in the loudest voice possible...because children only say embarrassing things at the top of their lungs..."Why Daddy...why is the doctor guy naughty?" Yeah, where do you find the words for that explaination!!:)

alicia F. said...

It sounds like there is never a dull moment when Sunshine is around. That is so funny about the card! It's the thought that counts right?

frogglet said...

It might be time for the real doctors wear shirts conversation, :0)

Hope you feel better, I hear laughter is good medicine.

Cora

Nora said...

He makes me feel better already! LOL I mean the fact that Sunshine gave him to you..er...you know what I mean right? Hope you feel better Denise..don't forget the chicken noodle soup.

Sarah said...

I love that kid. LOVE her! She's a riot.

Charissa said...

Dying right now!! LMBO! (Let me wipe the tears). Most any other time would deem this card embarrassingly inappropriate, but this, this is awesome! Thank you for cropping it, I would have worried that the "DR." would be getting cold right now. I could hug Sunshine. =-) Really, you can not make this stuff up.

Keely said...

Sunshine is awesome! You must save that card and show it to her when she is much older so that she can have a good laugh at what she picked out for mommy!

Unknown said...

Holy cow!!! That is hilarious that your daughter picked that card for you!!! Special memories!!! Haha!!!

-Alisa Hope