Sunshine - who tagged along, of course - came home with two shiny gold badge stickers proudly displayed on the front of her shirt. She immediately stuck out her chest and declared herself a real police officer. Apparently she figured two flimsy sticker badges would look more legitimate than one.
I wasn't convinced, especially when I asked why she didn't have a gun and she responded with:
"What's a gun?"
I guess that second badge wasn't so helpful after all. Her patrol vehicle isn't very convincing either.


Anyway, I totally forgot about those stickers until our Bible study tonight, when I overheard Sunshine deep in conversation with her five-year-old friend Rachel.
"What are those shiny stickers on your shirt?" Rachel asked as she eyed them with interest.
"Badges." Sunshine responded proudly. "I'm a police officer."
Rachel looked dubious.
"Where'd you get 'em?"
"At the police station." Sunshine replied matter-of-factly. "They give you a badge when your mommy and daddy get fingerprinted."
Rachel looked wistfully at the stickers.
"My mommy hasn't been fingerprinted yet. Or my daddy either." She lamented.
With that, Rachel wandered away in search of her parents.
I can only imagine what they'll think of us after they hear about that conversation.
6 comments:
We are so excited for you...as you know, adoption is a subject that is near and dear to our hearts. Enjoy the excitement of this time; you have have begun an adventure that you'll look back on wistfully years later...
Praying for you, C.R., Sunshine and your child who God already knows by name.
That is so funny!
Are you and your husband adopting domestically or internationally? I would love to add your blog to my adoption blog roll on my site, but I couldn't remember if your blog is still private. Just email me and let me know.
Hugs,
Amy
So funny! I love the way you present your cute little stories - so entertaining. I could read a book of them...hint, hint :)
And I'll do my best to believe this has been the first time. Although with all the stories you share of your shenanigans, it's tough to do.
Out of the mouths of babes. I am sure Rachel's parents will be wondering why she wants them to get fingerprinted :0).
Seriously, your kid is hysterical.
you can never have too many jr police officer badges or jr fire fighter badges for that matter...
Would love to have been a fly on the wall when the 5 yr old friend relayed Sunshine's comments to her parents! LOL!!
Post a Comment