It's because I'm doing these things instead:
1. I'm reading. A lot. I recently came home from the library with a total of eight books: three novels, three books about writing technique, and two books about photography. I'll need to finish this reading marathon in three weeks or less.
2. Related to #1, I'm busy taking pictures and trying to write "for real."
3. I'm spending more time in the Word. My goal is to read through my Bible in a year. This week, I'll be wrapping up Numbers and Mark.
4. I'm filling out adoption paperwork. I'm now convinced that the process of making a baby is a whole lot more fun than filling out the paperwork to adopt one.
5. I've decided to torture myself with every type of health-related appointment possible: eye exam, dental exam, routine physical, pap, and blood test. The results so far? I'm healthy, but still scheduled for more appointments. Next up: the cardiologist. After that, maybe I can go to a neurologist and podiatrist just for fun. (But I draw the line at the gastroenterologist. Do you know what they do to their patients?! Ick.)
6. I have new ways to spend my free time. I'm playing board games with my husband and telling stories to my daughter. What can I say? They're more fun than the Internet.
There you have it: a blog post about why I'm not blogging.
Oh, the irony.
5 comments:
Wait until you get to a point in the adoption process where they ask you to take a psych exam...you may give the Gastroenterologist a second look. Have fun with that fictional daughter that is cursing at you in the kitchen...she's gonna be a real pain!
Ok I know all the others are perfect valid but I had to laugh pretty hard at number 4 as today I learned that the home study we have been working on updating for 2 months came back with 2 errors. Our paperwork expires on the 19th no rush or anything.
Enjoy your time sounds like it has been pretty productive.
Oh, and remember: Clock, duck, ball.
I love hearing about the adoption updates...where have you decided to adopt from? As the adoption gets closer...life will get so exciting. Between you working out your brain, and C.R. working out his body (info via FaceBook), it sorta sounds like you are stocking up for a much busier future with children:)
I'm glad you're undeleted.
Your blog has no requirements. You don't have to post every day or every week. You don't even have to post every month.
Don't let it stress you out. When you have the time and desire, write. When ya don't...who gives a rip?
Enjoy your blog...we all do.
Post a Comment