Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We Got Mail...BIG Mail

About a month ago, we got a very large, heavy package in the mail. No, I'm not talking about our IRS audit letter; it was deceptively light and airy.

By large, I mean that this item wasn't in a box, but on a pallet. And by heavy, I mean that I couldn't lift it myself because it weighed over 700 pounds.

Needless to say, the package did not fit in our mailbox.

It took the delivery truck driver and one of my neighbors half an hour to unload it and move it into our garage. Any guesses about what's in it? (The wavy green slide might be a giveaway.)



Yep, it's a playground. A sturdy one. Here it is a couple weeks later, after my husband unpacked it and took an inventory of the (several hundred) parts and pieces. C.R.'s really handy little brother helped him assemble the thing.

My critical contribution was iced mocha lattes and sloppy joes.




C.R. and I are budget-conscious nerds, so this playground was a (cash) splurge for us. So far, I think it's one of the best purchases we've ever made. My kids love the playground. We've already spent many hours playing on it as a family.





Check out these happy faces!



3 comments:

Sarah said...

My husband is HOT with a Dewalt in his hand. (and without)

That picture of your baby at the end, oh my word, wanna squeeze him.

Looking forward to playing on there soon!

Amy said...

Oh mylanta! Grant is so adorable! You must come over sometime so I can squeeze him- nicely!

Jimh. said...

looks like fun for all!