Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Race

My husband recently finished his first marathon.

During that race, two things struck me.

First, my husband is healthy enough to complete a 26.2-mile race. Just a few years ago, C.R. could barely get out of bed each morning as he struggled through chemotherapy. I'm so thankful that he now has the stamina to run a marathon and even - sorta - enjoy it!

Second, my life is like a race, one that God has marked out for me. And I'm to run it with guts and passion, no matter where the path leads or what obstacles get in my way.

Check out one of C.R.'s fellow marathoners:




This man completed the entire marathon - using just his hands and arms to propel him - in well under four hours. He refused to let anything stand in the way of finishing well and he was beaming when he crossed the finish line.

I want to beam at my finish line too.




12 comments:

Denise said...

i haven't read anything yet. i missed you! i was cut off from you. could see your blog in google reader, but could not comment.

and the only response address is the blogger nor-ply address.

email me at jonesidosio@sti.net so i never lose you again!
or f.b. me at denise teodosio jones.

okay, now i will go read and comment. and don't leave me again "other denise!"
:-)

Denise said...

:-)

God's face will be beaming too as you cross the finish line. oh He can't wait for us!

Katie said...

Wow, that is amazing! ...both your husband and the man in the photo! This brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "live strong". Such an inspiring verse!

Kristie said...

Awesome! Eye on the prize!

MIracles Can Happen Boys Ranch said...

Amazing....that is perseverance all over that picture! Love it!

I too want to beam!

B.D.Riehl said...

All choked up. Love it. Thanks for the verse, picture and reminder of what life is about.
Beaming indeed!

Kayce said...

Inspiration! Congratulations to your hubby!

Simply Sara said...

i want my face to beam too.
and be welcomed by the beaming face of God :D

congrats to your hubby. what an amazing accomplishment!

Manda said...

Life is a race... endurance and strength in Jesus is essencial. What an inspiring story about your husband. Congratulate him for me.
I've only done a half-marathon so far, would eventually love to do a full.... once my life give me more time for training.
Big Hugs!!!

Ginger said...

Love it! I needed this reminder this week!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Beautiful! The thing about the race we are running is that we can't see around the curve. I would hate to give up only to find out that if I had just persevered a little longer, the finish line was just beyond the bend in the road. I long to hear my Lord say to me "Well done."

Jessica Griz said...

What a triumph!!! I love your words...especially the last line, "I want to beam at my finish line too."

I read your previous post 'Inherited' too. Love everything about it! :)

Have a lovely week!