Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Snowman

If you've read my blog before, you know that I'm all about taking pictures. My camera has a name, for goodness sake. Not just any name, but the name of a famous Jane Austen character.

That's right next door to sacred.

So - of course - I had to take Bingley outside to snap pictures of Sunshine playing in our first snow of the year. That girl loooves snow. And since she's a girlie-girl, she played nice and sweetly in it. There were NO snowball fights, for which I was thankful. I grew up with two older brothers who only saw snow as another weapon in the great sibling war. Maybe that's just how boys think.

My daughter is refreshingly different, thank goodness. Here's Sunshine making one of many snow angels:


And smiling for the camera:


We had such good, clean fun in the cold.

After we'd played outside in the 25-degree weather for quite awhile, Sunshine asked me to help her build a snowman. My hands were already half-frozen and I was ready to head inside.

"Next time," I promised her. "And Daddy can help."

Sure enough, two days later, Sunshine was back outside in the snow. This time with her dad. They worked for nearly an hour before stepping inside for hot drinks. Sunshine immediately ran to my side and tugged on my hand.

"Come see our snowman." She sounded so proud.


Just look at that happy, innocent snow face. He's cute, don't you think? I thought so too.

Until I noticed the army of headless snowmen behind him.


C.R. swears that "army" is really just a snow fort, but I'm not so sure. Either way, I'm guessing that his influence turned innocent snow fun into a snow war.

Or maybe my sweet little girl isn't so very different from the boys after all.

5 comments:

B.D.Riehl said...

Cute :) That girl has such a...brightness about her. Love the pictures.
And the headless snowmen army.
My girl, without being taught or prompted, immediately began pelting me with snowballs on her first snow excursion yesterday.
I'm a bit worried.

frogglet said...

What fun! and maybe it is just a parade of snowmen not an army :)

Kristie said...

boys make snow angels too :)

I like the baby snowman with no face ;)

Sunshine--cute hat sweetie!!

Denise said...

that is too funny!

just looking at your pic is making me cold. burrr.

so how did your t-giving turn out?

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

What a FUN day! These are such great pictures - what special memories. :)