Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Here's the Proof

To all my sweet friends and family who believe that I only play it safe and never try anything remotely dangerous (because I do and I don't, respectively), here's proof that I like to visit the wild side of life once in awhile.

I went four-wheelin'. C.R. took pictures so I'd have proof for you fine folks. (I have to say "folks" and drop my g's with it bein' a redneck sport 'n' all. Writin' this way really takes some concentration. Alright, enough of that.)

Anyway, I did it!

Check this out:


Alright, so this isn't really me. No clue who this person is. (I know, I know. The camo pants had you going there for a minute...since that's what I wear most days and all.)


Nope, not me either. Just some random person doing a cool trick.


At least this one is someone I know. It's C.R. He was cruising at 55mph at one point. Crazy guy.


And here's C.R.'s 86-year-old great-uncle coming down a sand dune. He took the four-wheeler out for a spin while I was still working up the guts to go near it. (Don't let him fool you, that man is as spry as any 70-year-old.)



Finally, I got on the thing. (Could my head look any bigger?! Stupid helmet.)


And then I actually drove. I really pushed it too. I think I went from zero to eight in about a minute. Do you see how much sand I was kicking up?

That's all I've got. I hope you enjoyed the photos.

Because it's NEVER happening again. (Seriously, people. That thing weighs over 700lbs. What the heck do you think would happen if I crashed and it landed on top of me?! Sheesh. Thought I was going to wet my pants. Now I know why I don't visit the wild side more often.)

8 comments:

Jimh. said...

Where were your dunes? Looks fun!

Kristie said...

HA! way to walk on the wildside Denise! Love that Uncle Roy was tearin' it up out there!!

krispie07 said...

I went 3-wheeling when I was a kid and drove the thing up a small hill and jumped off because I didn't know how to get it back down safely. I was lucky it didn't roll on top of me.

Sarah said...

You're hysterical.

Love that you rode the 4-wheeler! Way to go you!

B.D.Riehl said...

But you look so good doing it!!
I laughed out loud when I read "Do you see how much sand I'm kicking up?"
Good girl for walking (riding) the wild side.

Amy said...

Iused to ride my g-parents 3 wheeler a lot when I was in highschool. We would visit them on their 40 acres in the middle of nowhere and riding that thing was my favorite pass time. I would go into the woods (by myself), peel around the corners - oh, yes, I was wild. :) Here's the crazy thing- which I didn't know then: The woods were full of cougars and the 3 wheeler stalled often. It freeks me out a little to think about the cougars.

Denise said...

yep, i know what would happen if that thing crashed and landed on top of you...because the last time i went on a 4 wheeler it did just that (after i went off 14 ft cliff and landed in a berry patch). resulted in a broken collar bone. also it oddly resulted in me moving here to these mountains where i met michael. AND it happened on a good friday, i happened to be praying that year that jesus would help me to understand his pain when he died on the cross... note to self DON'T PRAY FOR THAT!

Manda said...

Seriously, if you lived closer... we'd be drinking tea and laughing. I adore your posts so much!