Monday, September 13, 2010

One-of-a-Kind


She's not what I expected, my little girl. I thought she'd be like her daddy and me, when we were kids.

Here's what I expected:

Quiet
Reserved
Careful (alright, that one was just me)
Compliant (and that one was just C.R.)
Shy

And here's what I got:

Boisterous
Loud
Dramatic
Outgoing
Independent
Creative
Hilarious
Unique
Thoughtful
Compassionate

She's all those things and a hundred others that I never even knew I wanted in a daughter.

But God knew.

So I praise Him for creating this wonderfully amazing little girl, with all her interesting quirks and funny ways.


And I thank Him for choosing me to be her mama.

6 comments:

Denise said...

your daughter sounds like...ME!

made in His image...quirks and funny ways included.

B.D.Riehl said...

Beautiful. Funny how we are so confident about our kids...until God shows us He knows better :)
Can't wait to meet Sunshine!

C.R. said...

She is the wonderful, unique daughter God gave us. We are blessed to be her parents, even though she's not quite what we expected!

Kristie said...

perfectly and wonderfully made! Praise God for knowing what we need before we do! ;)

Sarah said...

She's a hoot!

Simply Sara said...

oh my goodness, i totally could have written this post about my craaaaaazy three year old ;)

she's not what i expected, but i am blessed way more than i ever could have dreamed or imagined.