First, let me put your mind at ease. I know you probably worried about me all weekend - since I'd fallen into the clutches of those conniving Bunko ladies with their Amway-style recruiting techniques.
I can reassure you that I survived game night.
Bunko was fun. I imagine that the ladies can be a terrifying bunch, but the game itself is innocent enough.
Truthfully, the game is super easy. I think Sunshine could play it while blindfolded and sitting on the potty. If she'd ever use the potty, that is. And maybe she would if I didn't blindfold her. (Just kidding, of course! Ahem. She does use the potty sometimes.)
Back to Bunko night.
I briefly considered videoing the highlights of the night, but I'm not as crazy and outgoing as my new bloody friend Denise. (Sweet name, right? And she's not even a fifty-something waitress. At least not as far as I know...)
So no video.
I did, however, take a few pictures. Unfortunately, I can't post them because my digital camera is too savvy for iShirley, our new used computer. I named her "Shirley" because she's old yet useful, and stuck the "i" in front to make her relevant for my kid.
Although I survived the night, my money did not. I sorta assumed that each lady would bring $5 and all the money would go in a big pot. Then, the one winner for the night would take home a nice monetary prize: 12 women times $5 per woman equals $60!
Not so.
Apparently the hostess uses the money to purchase gifts for all the participants. The best gift goes to the winner. And then the hostess has to come up with reasons to give the remaining gifts to the losers. The reasons may or may not be legitimate. I, for example, won a cute decorative sign just for being an oddball (or something like that). Alright, in this case, the reason was legitimate; I've just never received a gift for it before.
Surprisingly, the gifts weren't the high point of the night. That magical moment took place while we ladies were stuffing ourselves with pumpkin cheesecake. This sweet time of fellowship was made all the sweeter by the woman who asked my age. Granted, it's not a question I typically like getting. But this time I made an exception.
She asked because she thought I looked 25.
I definitely made a new friend at Bunko night.
3 comments:
25! Hahahahaha
i mean...you DO look 25!
(you know i love you.)
i LOVE it when people think i look 25! they are my favorite people EVER!!!! i totally would have vlogged (video blogged) that conversation.
can iShirley upload a video? i think she should. we could have dueling denise videos :-)
Too funny :) And you DO look 25! So sad you fell into the Bunko cult. Pity.
Post a Comment