I wanted to write a funny little story from our weekend, but my heart just isn't in it. I found out tonight that my grandpa's fragile health is failing. Amazingly, at age 93, he still has a sharp mind and quick wit.
But he's been placed on hospice.
To me, hospice has always seemed like a code word for final...irreversible.
I've known, of course, that my grandpa's declining health couldn't hold up indefinitely. Good grief, I just finished rewriting his obituary! Still, there's that part of me that just isn't ready to lose my last living grandparent.
Memories and tears are close to the surface.
Sigh. I'll keep you posted.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry, Denise.
So sorry! Praying for comfort and peace. Take care!
Oh sweet friend. Wish I could hug you.
I'm so sorry. May God's peace fill you and my tears heal you. Hugs!
I know how rough of a time this is..make the most of this time with your grandpa....and garunteed you will see him again in heaven. That is just one part of our hope:) Meanwhile... we remain here, and we miss them sooooo much (I speak in retrospect of my own grandparents who are now gone). It also speaks of our own mortality...and the plight of getting older. Our prayers are with you.
i understand. and it hurts. and i'm sorry.
i pray that God would cover you, and your family with His grace upon grace (as i type that i'm re-realizing that is the name of your blog), that grace that amazes you, that surprises you with peace, comfort, knowing, and hope. that grace that you couldn't imagine being there (i've heard that God doesn't give us grace for our imagination) grace upon grace upon grace.... may our good God draw you close to Him, show Himself, show how He writes our lives, and how our lives fully begin when we finally make it home to live in the fullness of "His love better than life."
Post a Comment