C.R. calls it my tendency toward obsessing, and it may well be the one thing I do best.
Hey, we all have our strengths, right? My husband is good at science, math, music, working with people, managing projects, organizing, fixing cars, athletic activities, camping, baking, winning games, remembering important stuff, skipping rocks, whistling with a blade of grass...(um, need I go on?)
While I'm good at obsessing.
Technically, we don't need a new camera. Our old standby - a Kodak Easyshare - is indestructible. (Ah, dang.) Still, I'd like to have a camera that doesn't automatically use the flash in every condition, including full sun.
What can I say? I'm picky like that.
So we've (I've) decided to shell out the big-ish bucks for a digital SLR camera. After weeks of research, we've (I've) settled on this camera, a Nikon D5000:
Isn't it beautiful? I think I'm in love.C.R. is making me wait to order this baby until he gets paid on Friday so the money will come out of our monthly budget instead of savings. I appreciate his financial nerd-ery, but waiting is taking every stinking ounce of self-control in my body.
Trust me when I say that isn't much.
The only (sort-of) downside is that the D5000 is loaded with features, including in-camera image editing, a flip-and-twist LCD screen, and HD video capture.
This camera is totally going to kick iShirley's butt, and probably mine too. But at least I have a secret weapon:
Obsessing about learning to use it.
4 comments:
hmm.. I sense that once i-dickie5 (i: after shirley. d: for the D. k: short for a thousand 5: 5000 = i-dk5 which when read sounds like dickie) comes you'll need a new souped up i-shirley to keep up with i-dickie5-- you think? Better not mention that to C.R. till after it gets here ;)
C.P.
Okay, I have been obsessing over cameras for a while too now and I am going to hint at one for a Christmas present. What made you go with the Nikon instead of Canon? I just can't decide.
Wow! You really need to update this post since it's Sooooo outdated.
CP
we're canon people, but think the nikons are fine cameras.
now if you were talking computers, and mentioned wanting a p.c. over a mac i'd have an opinion (don't tell me ishirley is a p.c. my ignorance is bliss).
and yeah it has video!!! now you can make crazy videos for your blog too! :-)
Post a Comment